The Inland Empire Chapter of the WateReuse Association was founded in May 2005 to support the ever-increasing focus on water recycling to supplement and diversify the Inland Empire region’s water supplies. Members of the Inland Empire Chapter include recycled water purveyors, recycled water customers, regulatory agencies, engineering and consulting firms, equipment vendors, as well as interested individuals from the community at large.
The mission of the Inland Empire Chapter of the WateReuse Association is to provide a forum to share information relative to recycled water projects at the local level. Read our bylaws here.
The specific objectives of the Chapter are to:
- Promote water recycling as a supplemental source of water and as a means to reduce discharges to waters in the Inland Empire area of Southern California;
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and information on water recycling among people and organizations;
- Work for the adoption of legislation and regulations that maximize the safe use of recycled water; and
- Increase public awareness of the water recycling efforts in the Inland Empire area of Southern California.
- The Chapter Bylaws were adopted on January 27, 2006.
- E-mail is the basic mean of communication relative to Chapter activities. Please notify the Chapter Secretary if you wish to receive or stop receiving notices from our Chapter.
- Meetings are typically scheduled every other month from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month.
- Meetings rotate from agency to agency. Agency can volunteer to host a meeting either during a meeting or by contacting the Chapter Secretary.
- Lunch is sponsored by Chapter members on a rotating basis. Chapter members can volunteer to sponsor a lunch either during a meeting or by contacting the Chapter Secretary.
The meeting archive includes presentations, agendas, and other documents from past meetings.
Joshua Aguilar, President
Inland Empire Utilities Agency
Ryan Shaw, President Elect
Western Municipal Water District
John Wuerth, Past President
Eastern Municipal Water District