The Inland Empire Chapter of the WateReuse Association was founded in May 2005 to support the ever-increasing focus on water recycling to supplement and diversify the Inland Empire region’s water supplies. Members of the Inland Empire Chapter include recycled water purveyors, recycled water customers, regulatory agencies, engineering and consulting firms, equipment vendors, as well as interested individuals from the community at large.
The mission of the Inland Empire Chapter of the WateReuse Association is to provide a forum to share information relative to recycled water projects at the local level. Read our bylaws here.
The specific objectives of the Chapter are to:
- Promote water recycling as a supplemental source of water and as a means to reduce discharges to waters in the Inland Empire area of Southern California;
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and information on water recycling among people and organizations;
- Work for the adoption of legislation and regulations that maximize the safe use of recycled water; and
- Increase public awareness of the water recycling efforts in the Inland Empire area of Southern California.
- The Chapter Bylaws were adopted on January 27, 2006.
- E-mail is the basic mean of communication relative to Chapter activities. Please notify the Chapter Secretary if you wish to receive or stop receiving notices from our Chapter.
- Meetings are typically scheduled every other month from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month.
- Meetings rotate from agency to agency. Agency can volunteer to host a meeting either during a meeting or by contacting the Chapter Secretary.
- Lunch is sponsored by Chapter members on a rotating basis. Chapter members can volunteer to sponsor a lunch either during a meeting or by contacting the Chapter Secretary.
Meetings and Events
Meetings resources include presentations, agendas, and other documents from past meetings.
December 5, 2022
- Meeting and Tour Agenda
- Tour Presentation: Sterling Natural Resource Center
- Tour Images: Sterling Natural Resource Center
August 16, 2022
May 24, 2022
- Presentation – Legislative/Regulatory
- Presentation – Brine Minimization Maximizes Potential for Inland Potable Reuse Project
February 15, 2022
- Presentation – State and Federal Outlook
- Presentation – Urban Water Use Objective and Recycled Water
- Presentation – Positioned to Win – Preparing for Federal and State Funding
December 15, 2021
- Summary of Funding Opportunities
- Presentation – Direct Potable Reuse Update
- Presentation – Brine Line and SAWPA Update
- Presentation – Take it to the Max: Optimizing Closed-Circuit Reverse Osmosis for Brine Recovery in Brackish Groundwater Treatment
August 24, 2021
- Presentation – Eastern Municipal Water DistrictEquitable Recycled Water Expansion Through Principles, Policies and Fees
- Presentation – RP-5 Expansion Project Update
- Presentation – Inland Empire WateReuse Legal Update
- Presentation – Local Resources Program, On-site Retrofit Program & Stormwater for Direct Use Pilot Program
May 18, 2021
- Presentation – Status of Potential State and Federal Funding Opportunities for Recycled Water
- Presentation – Groundwater Replenishment Plus (GRP) Program and Purified Water Replenishment (PWR) Project
- Presentation – Update to YVWD’s Dual Plumbed Community
- Presentation – Cross Connection Control Handbook Overview
May 21, 2019
- Presentation – Groundwater Recharge for Potable Reuse
- Presentation – Clean Water Factory Update
- Presentation – Overview of Riverside Public Utilities – Water & Riverside Habitat, Parks, and Water Project
- Presentation – HCP Update
October 9, 2018
- Presentation – WateReuse California Update
- Presentation – A Snapshot of Southern California Reuse
May 8, 2018
- Presentation – Erica Wolski, DDW Recucled Water Unit (Regulatory Update)
- Presentation – Joseph LeClaire, DBS&A (Southern California Salinity Coalition’s Study on TDS trends in wastewater and recycled water)
January 23, 2018
- Presentation – Palmdale Regional Groundwater Recharge & Recovery Project
- Presentation – From Coast to Coast: Creative Water Reuse Options in the USA
- Presentation – WateReuse Review and WateReuse Connect
- Presentation – Local, State, and Federal Funding Opportunities
November 14, 2017
- Presentation – Recycled Water Administration by a Joint Power Agency – a Study in Regulatory Details and Communication
September 26, 2017
- Presentation – To Pilot or Not to Pilot, That is the Question
- Presentation – Groundwater Reliability Plus
July 11, 2017
May 9, 2017
- Presentation – Water Reuse Status – Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District
- Presentation – EVMWD Indirect Potable Reuse (IPR) Future Consideration
- Funding Opportunities
- NPR Committee Recommendations
- Leg/Reg Summary
January 10, 2017
- Meeting Agenda – November 11, 2014
- Meeting Agenda – September 30, 2014
- Meeting Agenda – March 25, 2014
- Meeting Agenda – January 27, 2014