WateReuse is the go-to organization for policy on water reuse among elected officials and policymakers in every level of government. The Association advocates for state and federal laws, policies and funding to advance the safe, reliable production and distribution of recycled water.
- Develops and distributes briefing documents, fact sheets and positions papers to members of congress and leaders in federal agencies that govern and influence the laws, regulations and funding for water reuse.
- Advocates for funding for scientific research on water reuse and construction of reuse facilities.
- Testifies on the importance and governance of water reuse before committees in the U.S. Congress.
- Co-sponsors the Annual National Water Policy Forum, Fly-In & Expo, the premier event of Water Week which provides the opportunity for state leaders to interact with and influence congressional and federal leaders on water policy.
- Drafts legislation to advance water reuse.
- Develops and distributes briefing documents, fact sheets and positions papers to state lawmakers and policy leaders.