Committees and Volunteer Opportunities
Are you ready to become more involved with the WateReuse Association and share your water reuse expertise? Join one of our committees to drive industry thought leadership on issues impacting your community or business, access best practices, and network with leaders focused on similar issues.
Committees are chaired by your peers, who are leaders in water recycling. All employees of WateReuse member organizations are eligible to participate. To learn more about a particular volunteer opportunity, please contact the staff member listed below.
Industrial and Commercial Reuse Committee
- Chair: Ken Martins, Stantec
- Vice Chair, Wayne Young, JEA
- Staff Contact: Aliza Furneaux, Policy and Program Manager
International Water Reuse Committee
- Chair: Hossein Ashktorab, Valley Water
- Vice Chair: Zoreh Movahed, Watek Engineering
- Staff Contact: Heather Strathearn, Program Manager and Engineering Specialist
Legislative and Regulatory Policy Committee
- Chair: Jon Freedman, Suez Water Technologies & Solutions
- Vice Chair: Sharon Green, Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts
- Staff Contact: Greg Fogel, Policy Director
Other Member Engagement Opportunities
- Annual WateReuse Symposium Planning Committee: Member volunteers help plan the Symposium and local activities. Staff Contact: Carrie Capuco, Director of Strategic Initiatives
- Annual WateReuse Symposium Technical Program Committee: Member volunteers help score and select technical session presentations. Staff Contact: Aliza Furneaux, Policy and Program Manager
- Outreach & Education Advisory Group: Member volunteers guide the development of communications tools and resources. Staff Contact: Zachary Dorsey, Director of Communications
- National Blue Ribbon Commission (NBRC) for Onsite Non-potable Water Systems: WateReuse administers this coalition of public health agencies and water/wastewater utilities. Staff Contact: Aliza Furneaux, Policy and Program Manager
- Public Health & Medical Community Initiative: Member volunteers guide our initiative to build acceptance and support among medical and health professionals. Staff Contact: Carrie Capuco, Director of Strategic Initiatives
- State Sections and Local Chapters: Each WateReuse State Section has its own set of volunteer opportunities focused on unique local issues, including committees, event planning, and state advocacy. Contact the Section leadership to become involved.