California and Beyond – Next Steps in Advancing Potable Reuse (Webcast)
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Pacific
Water Reuse Experts will discuss the next phases of the Water Environment & Reuse Foundation’s (WE&RF) Advancing Potable Reuse Initiative and research plans. The presentation will include a discussion of what research the California State Water Resources Control Board needs to develop regulations for direct potable reuse (DPR) and the process that WE&RF will take to begin this research.
Previous WE&RF research was instrumental to findings from an Expert Panel in California tasked with determining the feasibility in developing regulations for DPR. Future research will help California and other states develop sound regulatory practices to support further advancement of potable reuse. There will also be a discussion of the advanced treatment options that utilities employ to purify water.
- Charles B. Bott, Director of Water Technology and Research, Hampton Roads Sanitation District (Virginia)
- Justin Mattingly, Research Manager, WE&RF
- Julie Minton, Program Director, WE&RF
- Keel Robinson, North America Water Reuse Leader, Xylem Inc.
- Claire Waggoner, Senior Environmental Scientist, California State Water Resources Control Board.