Proposed Bylaw Amendments Ballot and Election of Nominee for Board of Directors
Voting Deadline: February 19, 2024
On December 7, 2023, the Board of Directors of the WateReuse Association (WateReuse) approved amendments to its current Bylaws. Under Article XI of the Bylaws, proposed amendments are to be presented for approval by a simple majority of the Voting Membership. As per the Bylaws, the proposed amendments are being posted on the WateReuse website for thirty (30) days along with distribution of this ballot. Posting of a link to this ballot form shall constitute compliance with the Bylaws.
This ballot also incorporates the election to the WateReuse Board of Directors of Lauren Zuravnsky, Chief of Design & Construction – SWIFT for Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD).
Please submit your vote using the online ballot. There is one vote per member organization.
DEADLINE: In order for a ballot to be counted, it must be submitted online no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 19, 2024.
To cast a vote on the proposed Bylaw amendment(s) you may vote YES, NO, OR ABSTAIN. A “yes” vote will change the current Bylaws. A “no” vote leaves the Bylaws as is.
Proposed Bylaw Revisions
The following is a summary of bylaw revisions proposed for vote of the WateReuse membership:
Article II, Section 1: Mission and Objectives
Revises mission statement to reflect recently adopted statement by Board of Directors.
Article III, Section 1: Membership Eligibility
- Removes reference to “persons” as the Association does not include individuals as a membership category.
Article IV, Section 2: Board of Directors Composition
- Clarifies there are seventeen elected members of the Board of Directors.
Article IV, Section 3: Board of Directors Terms
- Clarifies that Directors can serve up to three consecutive two-year terms and that terms can be extended for service on the Executive Committee as an Officer.
Article IV, Section 8: Board of Directors Meetings
- Clarifies that the Board of Directors can convene by video conference twice a year.
Article V, Section 2: Officer Positions
- Clarifies Officer positions.
Article V, Section 3: Officer Terms
- Establishes that each Officer term shall be one year instead of two.
Article V, Section 4: Officer Elections
- Establishes that the Board of Directors shall elect a slate of Officers for the upcoming fiscal year during its 4th Quarter Board of Directors Meeting, which is also its Annual Meeting.
Article VI, Section 1: Executive Committee
- Establishes that the Executive Committee includes the Executive Director as an Ex Officio member.
To read the full bylaws with proposed changes as markup, click the button below.
Elections of Board Nominee
Members of the national Board of Directors serve three consecutive 2-year terms, unless extended due to service on the Executive Committee. There is one vacancy on the Board of Directors.
On December 7, 2023, the WateReuse Association Board of Directors approved the following nomination to fill the vacancy:
Lauren Zuravnsky, serves as Chief of Design & Construction for SWIFT at Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD). The Sustainable Water Initiative for Tomorrow (SWIFT) is a $4.2 Billion water reuse capital program. Ms. Zuravnsky has over 20 years of broad engineering practice experience in drinking water, wastewater, and water reuse. Lauren has also served two terms on the Virginia Water Environment Association Board and the Water Environment Federation’s House of Delegates. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Villanova University and a Master of Science degree in Environmental Engineering from Virginia Tech.
DEADLINE: In order for a ballot to be counted, it must be submitted online no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 5, 2024.